New shortcuts and buttons in Firefox 4
Posted by Percy Cabello on April 13th, 2011 • Tags: ,
ShareThis

Firefox 4 introduced a significant number of new features, among them, some low profile new buttons available for the toolbar.

In case you missed them, here they are from left to right, right after the search bar. Remember buttons can now be added to the tab bar or the add-on bar.

1. The tab groups button that opens Panorama with all your tabs to visually organize them.
  2. The Sync button, which forces syncrhronization of your browsing data if you have set up Mozilla’s Sync service.
  3. Page zoom buttons
  4. A web feed subscription button. As you may have noticed, Firefox no longer tells you when a web feed (Atom or RSS) is available from the current site. If you want this back, add this button.

And here are a few shortcuts:

1. Ctrl + Shift + E, turns to Panorama tab viewing.
  2. Ctrl + /, toggles the Add-on bar
  3. Ctrl + Shift + Del, opens the Clear Recent History dialog. This is not new, but is more helpful now that it is three clicks away via the Firefox menu.

Comments
Cieszak said on April 14, 2011, 1:59 am:

Ctrl + Shift + DEL, opens the Clear … ;)

vrijevos said on April 14, 2011, 3:57 am:

and pressing ‘alt’ shows the menubar together with the firefox-menu (temporaly)

David Naylor said on April 14, 2011, 4:53 am:

You mean Ctrl+Shift+Delete, right?

José Pedro said on April 14, 2011, 6:35 am:

Ctrl + Shift + Del is the Clear Recent History dialog, not Ctrl + Shift + E. I hope I have helped.

David @ softwarecrew.com said on April 14, 2011, 12:03 pm:

Since I found out about the alt key I have been using it exclusively to increase my screen realestate. I love how Firefox is so customizable. Even though it got its butt kicked in the html5 CSS3 tests on IEs site(although, the tests were made to show the strong points in IE10′s browser), I love the fact that I can make Firefox the perfect browser and tailor it for what I use it for( http://www.softwarecrew.com/2011/04/10-great-add-ons-for-tweaking-customising-and-improving-firefox-4/ ).

Nox said on April 15, 2011, 3:13 pm: