Miro, the open source Mozilla-based video player and aggregator has been updated to version 1.2. Most notable is the update to XUL Runner 1.9 based on Mozilla 1.9, the latest and still in development version of the Mozilla platform. Apparently, the PCF found it stable enough (like Firefox 3, is it currently in Beta 4 status) to make the switch and will benefit from the solid performance improvements discussed before.
- Weâ€™ve added a much-requested preference to set new channels to not auto-download.
- New preferences for tweaking number of simultaneous auto-downloads and torrent seeding.
- Important re-architecting of the frontend and backend code.
- Lots of bug fixes and tweaks.
- On OSX, we updated to Perian 1.1.
- On Windows, the Miro installer is now much simpler and prettier.
- Improved support for Flash in Channel Guide pages.
- Improved translations for dozens of languages.
Get Miro 1.2 from GetMiro.com. Release notes.