The Mozilla Calendar team has released version 0.9 of Sunbird, and its Thunderbird extension version, Lightning, which is to be integrated with currently in development Thunderbird 3.
In fact, according to the release notes, this should be the last Lightning version to support Thunderbird 2.0, as they intend to focus on integration with Thunderbird 3 on next iterations.
Among the hundreds of bug fixes, Sunbird and Lightning 0.9 fixes and improvements include:
- Events spanning days now have a visual indicator indicating them as connected events
- When reloading a remote calendar a progress indicator is now shown
- The so-called “minimonth” (small calendar month in the upper left) has been given a visual overhaul
- The calendar views (day, week, multiweek, month) have been given a visual overhaul
- The today pane can now be displayed in calendar mode and task mode as well [Lightning-only]
- CalDAV support and interoperability with various CalDAV servers has been improved
- iMip/iTip support (support for email invitations) has been greatly improved [Lightning-only]
- The application stability and memory consumption has been greatly improved
- Lightning 0.9 is intended to be the last release for the Thunderbird 2 series. For the future we are planning to integrate Lightning fully into the upcoming Thunderbird 3 release [Lightning-only]
- Icelandic, Romanian and Traditional Chinese were added as new languages. Unfortunately no builds in Macedonian or Turkish are available for 0.9