Mozilla has just released an update for Thunderbird 1.5. This update brings a number of stability enhancements and fixes 11 security vulnerabilities, 1 of them marked as critical.
Thunderbird is now available in Irish (ga-IE). Get the update at Thunderbird web site.
Mozilla Corporation has released updates for Firefox and Thunderbird.
Firefox for MacOS X updates are available only in Universal Binaries (for PowerPC and Intel platforms), so if you haven’t made the transition, download the full version now. For all platforms, the update addresses 12 security vulnerabilities, 5 of them marked as critical plus some other bugs, so it’s strongly recommended to get the update.
A new Universal Binaries version of Thunderbird is available for MacOS X on Intel platform as well as PowerPC only. Like Firefox, the next Thunderbird update will be available as a Universal Binary only, so you may want to download the full version now and be ready for the next updates. For all platforms, the update solves 8 security vulnerabilities, 1 of them marked as critical.
To update, in Firefox or Thuderbird, select Check for Updates… in the Help menu, or wait a while (between 24 and 48 hours) for the applications to detect it is available and restart them for the update to take place.
The Mozilla Foundation has released the second iteration of Thunderbird, the open source e-mail, feed reader and newsgroup application. Thunderbird 1.5 is now available in 24 languages (with more to come in the next few days) for Windows, MacOS X and Linux platforms.
It is the most important update to Thunderbird since its initial release in December 2004, and it is full packed with new features and bug fixes:
- Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of an update is more prominent, and updates to Thunderbird may now be half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
- Sort address autocomplete results by how often you send e-mail to each recipient.
- Spell check as you type.
- Saved Search Folders can now search across multiple accounts.
- Built in phishing detector to help protect users against email scams.
- Podcasting and other RSS Improvements.
- Deleting attachments from messages.
- Integration with server side spam filtering.
- Reply and forward actions for message filters.
- Kerberos Authentication.
- Auto save as draft for mail composition.
- Message aging.
- Filters for Global Inbox.
- Improvements to product usability including redesigned options interface, and SMTP server management.
- Many security enhancements.